Monuments of Khabarovsk
Monument to Erofey Khabarov
Pathfinder Erofey Khabarov meets city visitors on the Railroad square. Nothing can be said about the portrayal with Khabarov because there aren’t only the photographs of him but even not the description of his appearance in the archived documents. Khabarov is presented climbed on the mountain and looking in to the horizons of Amur. He has got a scroll of paper with the notes in his left hand and the right hand is holding a tail of the slipped down from the shoulder coat. On the face front of the postament there is an engraving “To Erofey Pavlovich Khabarov” and a bit lower there are words: In the day of the hundreds anniversary of Khabarovsk. 1858-1958”.
The height of the sculptured figure is 4,5 meters and total height with the postament is 11,5 meters.
Monument to Yakov Dyachenko
Bronze monument is located on the Shevchenko street opposite the Museum of The Regional studies is dedicated to Yakov Vasilievich Dyachenko. Captain Dyachenko landed in May 1858 with his 13th combat battalion on the bank of Amur and established the Khabarovka settlement. The monument was opened in the day of celebrations of the 150th anniversary of Khabarovsk in 2008.
The author of the monument Aleksandr Rukavishnikov, the sculptor from Moscow, the author of the monuments to Fedor Dostoevskiy and Alexander the II near the Cathedral of Christ in the Saviour in Moscow.
The height of the bronze sculpture of Yakov Dyachenko is 4-meters, it is elevated on the 4 meter granite postament surrounded by blue spruces, Amur cork tree and mountain ash. The monument was built on donations. Residents of Khabarovsk donated about two million roubles.
Monument to count Muravyov-Amursky
Monument to count N.N. Muravyov-Amursky is the modern name card of the city.
Nikolay Muravyov-Amursky was a state figure and diplomat, general governor of the Eastern Siberia. It was him who determined a place for establishing the city of Khabarovsk.
The monument has its interesting story. In 1891 in Khabarovsk on the bank of Amur the monument of N.N. Muravyov-Amursky was built on donations by sculptor, member of the Academy A.M. Opekushin. The project of the monument was personally confirmed by Alexander the III. 5-meter bronze sculpture of the count was poured in St. Petersburg partially but the postament made of blocks was built by the military engineer’s project. The monument opening was planned at the time of the successor of the throne visit, the next emperor Nikolai the II. But in the first years of the Soviet Republic by the Far Eastern Revolutionary Committee decision from the 26 f January 1925 the sculpture was thrown off the postament and remelted. But in 60 years time the decision was made to restore the monument according to the kept in the museum model. On the 30th of May 1992 on the birthday of Khabarovsk city the bronze governor came back on its base.
Khabarovsk’s sculpture of the count Muravyov-Amursky is pictured on the five thousand roubles banknote.
There are a lot of more other monuments and memorial. For instance on the embankment there is a monument to the famous Far Eastern writer Nikolai Zadornov. Also from the central park there was moved the monument to the one of the founders of the Far East – admiral Gennady Nevelskoi. The monument to A.S. Pushkin in Khabarovsk is placed next to the Pedagogical University. The monument to the komsomol of the 20s years is placed on one of the Khabarovsk main squares – Komsomolskaya square. Near the Amur if you walking on the Serysheva street you can see a monument to the Red Army soldiers. The monument “Black Tulip” is on the Lenina stadium and is built in memory of lost in the Afghan war. There is a memorial in memory of lost in the Great Patriotic war on the Glory square. On the marble tops surrounding the Eternal light there are written the names of the tens of thousands of the residents of the Khabarovsk Territory who didn’t return from the battles.